Monday 10 August 2015

Research, and constant attention to detail....

I am currently working on a number of submissions to competitions and fiction magazines. I really enjoy writing, but the administrative stuff of editing, keeping track of submissions, and advertising is not my forte. I seem to have a complete lack of any kind of sales gene, so in particular hate the idea of trying to push myself in front of others - yelling 'Look at how great my book is, you are going to love it!' I know I will never make a living unless I do it, but if you ever come across any of my ads on Facebook, or think the blurbs for my books aren't that appealing please, please, please drop me a line and let me know what you would like to see, or what might have made you buy!! I am loving the research I am doing. My major project right now is a book I have wanted to write for years. I have had a naval surgeon (in Nelson's Navy) floating about in the back of my head for as long as I can remember, and it is great that he is finally beginning to take a definite shape. I studied Maritime Archaeology at University, and boats have been my passion forever. I love the Georgian era, and am so excited to be building up a vivid picture of the era. I am immersing myself in the era and then I will put my books away and just get writing. All mistakes will be my own!! Well, I had better get off and edit my Christmas story ready to go off to a fiction special, and will keep you posted as to how it gets on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment